Cigars with Mike on May the 4th

Saturday, May 4, 2024

Mike and Charisse had Dale and I over for dinner tonight. We all sat out on their back porch which faces east and wasn't getting the sun however it was still nice enough to sit outside with a jacket or sweater. Earlier today Mike texted and said that if Dale wanted wine he should bring some but that he thought he should have enough gin for a couple of stiff martinis. He had some Bombay Sapphire left over from the last time they had us over on New Year's Eve. And yes, it was just enough to make a couple of stiff martinis. 

Mike and I lit up cigars to go with our cocktails. 

Mike had an NA beer while Dale and Charisse had some wine. I of course had my martini. 

For dinner they ordered Bill's Chinese. We ate inside. It was delicious. 

After dinner we played Yahtzee which I don't think I've played since I was a kid. Same for Dale and Mike. Charisse says she plays online. Anyway it all came back to us quickly and was really rather fun. Pictured above is the version of the box I remember.

  
We started to play around 9 p.m. and finished at 10 because we're old and get tired quickly. Anyway, it was good to see these guys. We're always amazed at how quickly time has gone by since we've seen each other last. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Another Great Day for a Cigar in the Garage

Snow and Shoveling and a Story